MacOS doesn’t allow modify files that have been locked by system. There are a few situations when you can see this error:
- You move or delete system locked file
- You modify the content of system locked folder
How to Fix:
- Open the Terminal
- Type the following command, followed by a single space (do not press enter yet)
sudo chflags noschg
- Drag the locked file from the Finder to the Terminal window to complete its full path
- Press Enter to run the command, supplying your password when prompted
If file is located on network volume, check that you are logged in as owner of the file and have permission to perform steps above.
Feel free to contact us if instructions didn’t help. We will do our best to help you.