MacOS doesn’t allow modify files when you have read-only access to them. There are a few situations when you can see this error:
- You modify file when you have read-only access
- You modify the content of folder when you have read-only access
- You move or delete folder when you have read-only access
How to Fix:
- Open info about item
- Unlock “Sharing & Permissions” by pressing lock button
- Grant Read & Write privilege to your user. If your user isn’t in list, add it first
- If you want apply same permissions to all subfolders, press gear button and select “Apply to enclosed items…”
- Lock “Sharing & Permissions” by pressing lock button again
If item is located on network volume, check that you are logged in as owner of the items and have permission to perform steps above.
Feel free to contact us if instructions didn’t help. We will do our best to help you.